Topix Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum Overview
If you’ve ever read anything I’ve written on eye creams, you know I don’t think they’re necessarily… well, necessary. If you’ve got dark circles or puffiness you want to address, then by all means, the way to go is with an eye cream that specifically targets these problems. If you just want to keep your eye area hydrated while you minimize lines and wrinkles, then I ask – how is that different from anywhere else on your face.
So, when looking into any particular eye serum or cream, the first thing I look for is what problems does it address. In the case of Topix Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum, it mentions lightening (for dark circles) right in the name, so we’re off to a good start. In their marketing materials, Topix goes on to assure you that it also reduces under-eye puffiness and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. So it would appear, at least on the surface, that Topix Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum does what an eye serum should. Now let’s have a look at how effective it really is.
There are a few key ingredients we’ll highlight:
- Dipeptide VW which is a particular peptide that achieves and maintains proper fluid balance to reduce under eye puffiness.
- PAL-GQPR is also a peptide. This one enhances the firmness and elasticity of skin.
- Emblica is an antioxidant that prevents the breakdown of collagen while it lightens skin and encourages new cell production.
- Vitamin K is a pretty popular way to try to reduce dark circles under the eyes. It helps drain blood that’s leaked from capillaries and pooled under the eyes.
- Green Tea Extract acts as an antioxidant that fights against the environmental damage done by free radicals.
- Cucumber Extract soothes and de-puffs eyes.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein helps rebuild the connective fibers of the skin.
Recommended use for Topix Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum is twice daily. They say you should see real improvement in under eye dark circles in about 8 to 10 weeks.
Topix Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum Pros and Cons
Advantages of Topix Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum
- There are plenty of reviews from happy customers.
- Some say it lightens dark circles, and most say it is well hydrating.
- It contains lots of effective anti-aging ingredients.
- It’s doctor recommended.
- It’s fragrance-free.
Disadvantages of Topix Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum
- Overall, Topix Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum reviews are mixed.
- Some say it’s not moisturizing enough.
- Some say it’s irritating.
- Most are disappointed in how little it does for dark circles.
- It’s expensive.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Topix Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum online through a few different retailers. We’ve seen it at Amazon as well as SkinCare Rx. The ½ ounce pump retails for $73.50. Amazon’s got it for less, but we’ve learned to be careful buying skincare from Amazon. There are a few less-than-reputable sellers out there.
One of the problems with finding an eye product that successfully lightens dark circles is that there are several different reasons people get dark circles. Sometimes it’s genetics, sometimes it’s sleep patterns, sometimes it’s age. There really is no one-size-fits-all solution. So no one product will always get it right when it comes to getting rid of dark circles. Topix Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum is a good eye serum. Your best bet would be to try to get your hands on a sample so you can see if it meets your particular needs.