Sephora is more than just a store. It’s a brand as well. They offer both makeup and skincare lines, and they are of course, available mainly at Sephora stores. They began making their skincare line back in the mid 1990’s and currently offer a crop of a little over 30 products, mostly in the mid-priced anti-aging category.
Sephora Ultimate Moisture Serum is a concentrated serum meant to infuse your skin with serious moisture while it brightens and restores luster to your skin. The dermatologist tested formula has also been scientifically tested with the following results:
After the first use:
- 88% of users reported long-lasting moisture
- 75% reported visibly smoother skin
- 82% noticed a reduction in signs of fatigue
After a month:
- 76% reported an increase in evenness and a more luminous complexion
- 71% noted that their skin looked and felt more energized
The primary ingredients identified for Sephora Ultimate Moisture Serum are:
- HydroSenn+ which is a plant derived polysaccharide that forms a protective moisture barrier on the surface of the skin to help it retain water.
- Phylderm which is a soy peptide that improves cellular renewal to make skin more vital and resistent to stressors like fatigue and aging.
- Java Tea Extract increases radiance and luminosity while it helps skin maintain an even tone.
- Light Reflecting Pigments to brighten up the complexion and camouflage minor imperfections.
You should use Sephora Ultimate Moisture Serum in the morning and night after cleansing. If your skin tends to be dry, you can apply moisturizer next. Otherwise, this may be hydrating enough for your skin.
Sephora Ultimate Moisture Serum Pros and Cons
If you make a list of the good and bad aspects of using a product, you end up with a fairly clear idea of whether or not you want to make the purchase.
Advantages of Sephora Ultimate Moisture Serum
- The price is comparable to drugstore brands
- It contains antioxidants
- It’s got light reflecting pigments to immediately improve the look of skin
- There is a 60 day money back guarantee
Disadvantages of Sephora Ultimate Moisture Serum
- Sephora Ultimate Moisture Serum reviews are very mixed
- It seems you’ll either love it or hate it
- The fragrance could be irritating to sensitive skin
- One complaint from a reviewer is that it doesn’t last very long
Where to Buy
You can buy Sephora Ultimate Moisture Serum online or in Sephora stores. The 1 oz pump goes for $24. Sephora has a generous return policy whether you buy in stores or online. Online the return policy even includes the price of return shipping.
With mixed reviews and so-so ingredients, Sephora Ultimate Moisture Serum could go either way. For the price, if you’re looking for a light moisturizing serum with a few anti-aging ingredients thrown in, Sephora Ultimate Moisture Serum is worth a look.
Check out our Top Wrinkle Creams to compare