Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital Review
I don’t know about you, but to me, the idea of an “eye peel” sounds a little creepy. But here it is. Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital is an offshoot of the brand’s Blue Plasma facial product. It’s technically a cream, but uses gentle exfoliation that has it acting like a peel. The benefits you can expect from this product are smooth, depuffed, well hydrated skin that’s bright, fresh, and younger-looking.
I’ve seen a few Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital reviews from customers, and aside from the few who experienced really bad breakouts, everybody seems to love this stuff. Not to discount those few. Their concerns are our concerns too, of course. If multiple people are breaking out, this is not something we want to dismiss. So let’s look into the list of ingredients, and see if we can pinpoint the highlights and the detractors.
Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital Ingredients and How They Work
The ingredients that Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital features include:
- Salmon Egg Enzyme which removes dead skin cell (and only dead skin cells) without irritation.
- Plankton Extract which tightens and reduces puffiness (which is definitely a plus for the skin around the eyes.
- Licorice which is anti-inflammatory and soothes the eye area.
- Copper which contributes to the health and repair of skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid which hydrates skin while attracting and binding to water to plump out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Pterostilbene which comes from blueberries and helps increase radiance while brightening the skin.
The texture of Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital is cooling and soothing, and it is indeed blue, though the color comes primarily from artificial dyes. So the idea is that all these ingredients work together to remove that dead outer layer of skin and re-balance the moisture your skin needs to look its best.
Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital Pros and Cons
Advantages of Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital
- Most of the Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital reviews come from very happy customers who say it makes their eyes feel and look refreshed while it diminishes the look of fine lines and wrinkles
Disadvantages of Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital
- It’s expensive
- There are a significant number of reviews coming from users who broke out in small bumps after using Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital. I haven’t been able to pinpoint the culprit, but it seems like there must be a pretty serious allergen somewhere in the formula
- The jar packaging doesn’t keep the botanical ingredients stable or effective
Where to Buy
You can purchase Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital in stores such as Sephora as well as online. The ½ ounce jar retails for $65.
Despite the many positive reviews, I wouldn’t buy Perricone MD Blue Plasma Orbital unless I had a chance to try it out first, either in store or with a sample to take home. It could be the best thing you’ve ever used. Or it could leave you with tiny hideous bumps. Best to try before you buy on this one.
Read about our Top Eye Creams