Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream Overview
Built around the plant-derived antioxidant, Kinetin, Kinerase has practically become a household name, at least in households where anti-aging skincare junkies live. One of it’s products, Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream, was a 2011 Allure Best in Beauty Award winner, and we think that makes it worth a closer look.
According to the product description, Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream not only stimulates collagen, but it also targets elastin protein coils and combines the proven anti-aging power of Kinetin with newer technologies designed to strengthen elastin and reduce wrinkles. What you’re left with is smoother, more moisturized, lifted skin. Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and good for all skin types. So what exactly is this new technology, and does it actually work?
In addition to the Kinetin which retains moisture in the skin, the anti-aging ingredients in Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream are:
- LOXL Stimulator – This is a plant extract that reinforces the elastin in your skin to lift it and make it more firm and resilient.
- Peptides – Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream has several of these collagen-stimulating amino acids to help rebuild skin.
- SNAP-8, Argiriline, and Leuphasyl – These are all peptides with specific functioning to relax facial muscles. This reduces expression lines formed over by repetitive facial expressions.
We think it’s worth mentioning that the formula, with the exception of one ingredient added for fragrance is exactly the same as the formula for Kinerase Restructure Firming Cream for the entire face and neck. That means that there are no ingredients to address the particular eye area concerns like dark circles and puffiness.
Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream Pros and Cons
Advantages of Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream
- It contains good anti-wrinkle ingredients.
- It is an Allure Best in Beauty Award winner.
- It is very hydrating.
- It’s hypoallergenic which is important for an eye cream.
Disadvantages of Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream
- It doesn’t do anything for dark circles or under-eye puffiness.
- Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream reviews from customers are mixed, with quite a few users claiming that it does nothing but hydrate.
- It’s the same formula as the face cream from the Restructure Firming line.
- It is expensive.
- Jar packaging will cause the ingredients to break down.
Where to Buy
You can find Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream online and in department stores. A ½ oz jar sells for about $55. We saw it as low as $46.90 at Amazon.
There are skincare experts who believe there’s no need for separate eye creams, that your anti-aging face cream can work on your eyes just as well. It would appear that Kinerase agrees. Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream is simply a repackaging of Kinerase Restructure Firming Cream for your face. This doesn’t necessarily mean it doesn’t work, but it does mean that you don’t need to buy this as a separate eye cream. In our opinion, the biggest reason to go with a separate eye cream is to help with dark circles and puffiness. Kinerase Restructure Firming Eye Cream doesn’t help with those, so we don’t see a reason to use it.