Dark spots from acne, sun damage, and aging are no fun for anyone. They make you look dull, tired, and old. Dr. Andrew Weil, expert on holistic health solutions, has teamed up with Origins to offer Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright Skin Tone Correcting Serum as the solution. In clinical trials, 92% of participants showed dramatic improvement in the tone of their skin and 82% saw a reduction in dark spots within 4 weeks.
The partnership between Origins and Dr. Weil makes sense because both parties use natural plant ingredients within the construct of science and technology to create viable solutions for health and well being. We’ve looked into Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright to see if they’ve hit or missed the mark with this product.
- The primary lightening and brightening ingredient in Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright is Vitamin C. It works as both an antioxidant to heal and protect from environmental damage. In this formula, it’s present in two forms: Ascorbyl Glucoside and Rosa Roxburghii.
- There’s also an innovative lightening ingredient, Dimethoxytolyl Propylresorcinol which is known to inhibit the action of tyrosinase, which is the enzyme that produces melanin.
- Salicylic Acid serves as a chemical exfoliant to reveal new, smoother and more radiant skin by removing the dead surface cells. It also expedites the lightening by encouraging cell turnover.
- Finally, Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright contains luminescent minerals Mica and Titanium Dioxide. They reflect the light and make skin appear more even-toned, but the effect of these is purely cosmetic and temporary.
You should apply Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright twice a day after cleansing and before moisturizing.
Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright Pros and Cons
Comparing positive and negative aspects of a product is a great way to help decide whether or not you should buy it.
Advantages of Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright
- It’s made from the partnership between the well-respected Dr. Andrew Weil and Origins skincare.
- It contains Vitamin C and other antioxidants.
Disadvantages of Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright
- It’s relatively expensive.
- It contains some potentially irritating ingredients.
- There are several Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright reviews from customers complaining that it doesn’t have any positive effect.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright online, in department stores like Macy’s, and from beauty boutiques like Sephora. The one oz pump generally sells for $55, though we saw it a little cheaper at Amazon.
We’re a bit disappointed in Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright. Our thinking was that a collaboration between Origins and Dr. Weil should create something special. There are other products in the line, so this may indeed be the case for some. But there are just too many negative Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright reviews for us to give it our recommendation.
Products Similar to Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright
One of my favorite skin brightening products is the Illuminatural 6I. Read the reviews! The results are amazing! It sells for $49.95, which is a little pricey but you only have one face, and we want to keep it looking healthy and beautiful!