Dr. Zein Obagi is the creator of the renown prescription skin care product under the Obagi Nu Derm umbrella. Dermatologist and Aesthetician offices have been performing Obagi peels for years. Now Dr. Obagi has developed a new line of products meant to combine the science of healthy skin care with the convenience and effectiveness of everyday home use. ZO Skin Health is the name of the line, and it relies on advanced skin cell communicating ingredients in high concentrations to deliver healthy, more slowly aging skin.
ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum claims to effectively reverse and prevent the signs of aging by:
- Stimulating cellular function to reduce fine lines and deeper wrinkles
- Boosting collagen production to increase skin’s elasticity
- Lightening dark spots caused by the environment, acne, hormones, and aging
- Soothing and calming skin with a non-comedogenic gel formula
ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum is packed with cell communicating ingredients to wake skin cells up and get them producing their own necessary age-defying properties:
- Epidermal Growth Factor dramatically increases the occurrence of cell regeneration. This visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as dark spots and discoloration.
- Retinol is a pure form of Vitamin A. It’s been proven to be a highly effective anti-aging ingredient that reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles, evens skin tone, and increases skin firmness.
- Two Proprietary Peptides which stimulate the skin to produce its own collagen to firm up and thicken skin, making it resilient and plump. Amino Acids bind with water to plump and hydrate skin.
- Niacinamide supports the skin’s barrier against environmental assault.
ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum is part of ZO Skin Health’s Level II anti-aging program of products. You should use it at night after the Offects Exfoliating Cleanser or the Offects Exfoliating Polish.
ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum Pros and Cons
Advantages of ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum
- It uses cell communicating ingredients
- The innovative pump allows you to get the right amount of product while maintaining the integrity of the ingredients
- It goes on light and fragrance-free
Disadvantages of ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum
- It’s expensive
- There are plenty of ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum reviews from dissatisfied customers
- It doesn’t contain antioxidants
Where to Buy
ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum can be purchased online through several sources. The ZO Skin Health Website sells a 1 oz pump for $135, which is about the same price that we saw everywhere.
We’re not sure why Dr. Obagi created a second line of products. Most of his “prescription” line is available online without a doctor visit. But since he did, we knew it would be worth a look. There are definitely some upsides to ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum. The peptides and amino acids can do some real good for your skin. For this price, however, we wish there were some antioxidants. That said, if you’ve got the money, ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum, and from what we can tell, most of the ZO Skin Health products, would be a beneficial addition to your routine.
Read about our Top Wrinkle Cream to compare, it’s got all the anti-aging benefits that Obagi does, but includes anti-oxidants and reduces hyper-pigmentation as well!
Have You Used ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum? Leave Your Review Below!
My daughter gave this serum to me for my Birthday (59)
along with several other of the ZO Products. I have never had any product work like this does. I just love it ! It is expensive but a little goes a long way. I will definitely buy it again, unless I can get my daughters to buy it for me.
User Questions and Answers
User Questions and Answers
Q: How much is this ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum -Marzieh
1 out of 2 people found this question helpful.