Clarant B3 Overview
Ponds has been offering simple, affordable, skin care since 1846. Based on the idea that beauty can be uncomplicated and easy to achieve, their cold cream and moisturizers have been a staple in women’s bathrooms and vanities for well over a century. More recently, Ponds has ventured into the skin brightening arena with Clarant B3, dark spot correcting moisturizer. Ponds Clarant B3 is a daily moisturizer that, with 4 weeks of use, will lighten dark spots from sun, age, hormones, or scars, and give your skin an even-toned, radiant glow.
Clarant B3 comes in two formulations, one cream for normal to dry skin and one cream for normal to oily skin. Ponds Clarant B3 Normal to Oily is thinner and oil-free. The normal to dry version is more creamy and hydrating. But the lightening ingredients are quite simple and the same in each:
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) has many benefits to skin. It increases skin cell turnover and provides a moisture barrier to improve the look and texture of skin. It also blocks melanin from causing pigmentation in skin.
- Vitamin C is also full of benefits for the skin. It is an antioxidant, so it prevents and possibly even reverses damage. It helps increase collagen to boost skin’s firmness and texture. And it also inhibits the production of melanin, to reduce dark spots and hyper-pigmentation.
You are instructed to use Ponds Clarant B3 morning and night,and should see an improvement in the appearance of age spots, blotchiness, and overall texture in about 2-4 weeks.
Clarant B3 Pros and Cons
It is important to weigh the positive and negative attributes of a product before making a purchasing decision.
The Good About Clarant B3
- It is difficult to beat the price.
- It’s made by Ponds, a trusted name in skin care for 150 years.
- It contains nourishing vitamins.
- It comes in 2 formulas for different skin types.
The Bad About Clarant B3
- The jar packaging is unsanitary.
- It may take weeks to see results.
- Many Clarant B3 reviews complain that the smell is too strong and perfumey.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Clarant B3 almost anywhere. It’s available at drug stores like CVS and Walgreens, as will as big box stores like Walmart and Target. Amazon sells it, as does the Ponds website. There are a few size options as well. The standard size is a 7 oz jar that sells for around $10. The price varies a little depending on where you go, so you’ll want to do a little looking around. There is also a travel size you can find at stores for less than $2.
If you’re looking for a good moisturizer that can help even out your skin tone, and you’re not expecting overnight miracles, Pond’s Clarant B3 is a good choice. It’s widely available, it contains some healthy-skin ingredients, and it’s very inexpensive. Since there’s a trial size for less than $2, we think this would be the best way to start out. Because of the jar packaging, you may even decide to continue buying it this way, so you can open a new, clean jar of Clarant B3 more frequently.
Have You Used Clarant B3? Leave Your Review Below!
User Questions and Answers
User Questions and Answers
Q: Can I use it on my dark spots on my skin for example elbow,knees, inner thighs and underbutt -
Q: Can you go in the sun with ponds clarant b3? -Rajistri
2 out of 7 people found this question helpful.