Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG Overview
Women with oily skin have their own unique set of problems when it comes to anti-aging skincare. While most people (people with normal and dry skin) think moisture, moisture, and more moisture, people with oily skin need more balance. They need moisture, this is true. But they also need to be mindful of the fact that their skin is going to produce a whole lot of oil on its own. So a women with oily skin has to consider all these factors while trying to stave off wrinkles for years to come.
Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG, or if you prefer it’s full name Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG Protective and Purifying Cream for Impure Skin (yeah that’s too much of a mouthful) claims to offer exactly what these women are looking for. Well, sort of. Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG takes care of the oil part, and suggests other products for the anti-aging part of the equation.
Yon-Ka Paris is a French spa-based line of skincare products with a heavy focus on fragrance. Now we all know that fragrance is not skincare, but lets take a look and see what we can find out.
The Yon-Ka Paris website explains a bit about some of the key ingredients in the formula. There’s:
- Quintessence Yon-Ka which is a mixture of essential oils including lavender, geranium, rosemary, cypress, and time. This combination is used as a purifying astringent for your oily skin.
- Climbing Ivy which soothes skin.
- Vitamin E which is an antioxidant that protects against the damage caused by free radicals in the environment.
- Olive Oil to provide hydration.
- Soy Proteins for protecting and repairing skin.
Recommended use of Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG is in the morning and or night after cleansing and treating your skin with whatever treatments you’re using. My personal opinion is that the better time would be the morning so you can take advantage of that matte finish when it matters.
Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG Pros and Cons
Advantages of Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG
- While there aren’t many out there, the Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG reviews we were able to find are generally very favorable (though not specific in its praise).
Disadvantages of Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG
- It’s not clear to me how Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG actually regulates oil production.
- Olive Oil will make oily skin more oily.
- It’s expensive.
Where to Buy
Generally, Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG is available in certain spas. The Yon-Ka Paris website has a locator you can use to find a participating spa near you. Otherwise, you can find it at online retailers. The 1.7 ounce tube retails for $50.
Well we’re kind of on the fence about this one. The ingredient list doesn’t do much to instill confidence in me that it will do you much good. But the reviews are pretty positive. I think I’ll have to go with my gut on this one and say that Yon-Ka Paris Creme PG is not worth trying.