Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream Review
Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream Overview
“Deep calming nourishment for dry, sensitive skin.” Sounds good just hearing about it, doesn’t it. That’s what Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream says it can provide. And according to most of the customer comments I’ve seen, it really can. This light, water based lotion-y cream absorbs quickly and creates a moisture balance that doesn’t irritate or inflame. In fact, it does the opposite. Add in a few antioxidants and the soothing hydration is made that much better.
A little about the company, in case you aren’t familiar. Weleda is a Swiss company that’s been focused on using natural and organic ingredients in a sustainable way to provide healthy skincare products since way back in 1921, long before it became fashionable to do so. And while some of their products may lag behind their more hi-tech counterparts from other companies, some do just what nature intended. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream belongs in the latter category.
Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream Ingredients and How They Work
The ingredient list in the Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream formula is fairly short and sweet. In this water-based cream, you’ll find:
- Organic Sweet Almond Oil which is full of essential fatty acids that provide the moisture balance your skin needs to maintain proper hydration. And it does this without a hint of irritation.
- Plum Kermel Oil provides antioxidants in the form of Vitamins A and E to protect skin cells from the damage caused by free radicals.
- Glycerin provides gentle hydration just like your own skin provides for itself when it’s young.
- Lactic Acid gives your skin the deep pore yet gentle exfoliation needed to slough off dead skin and reveal the soft new skin.
- Beeswax gives this cream its thick emollience.
It is recommended that you use Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream both morning and night, and that you only put on as much as your skin will absorb. If your skin is extra dry and needs more moisture, you can use a serum treatment after cleansing and before applying Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream.
Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream Pros and Cons
Advantages of Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream
- It’s hypoallergenic and fragrance-free.
- Almost all Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream reviews we’ve seen are favorable, many very very favorable.
- It comes in tube packaging which will maintain the integrity of the ingredients.
Disadvantages of Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream
- It contains alcohol, which could be irritating, though I haven’t seen any complaints about it.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream through lots of different online retailers. The 1 ounce tube retails for $24.50, but if you shop around you can find it for less. I’ve seen prices as low as $17.
If your sensitive skin is in need of some moisture balancing, walk don’t run to your nearest online drugstore and buy Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream. For the price, I don’t think you could do much better in terms of gentle, soothing, hydration.