In the never ending search for the ultimate eye cream, we decided to look at some award-winning products. In 2012, the Allure Best of Beauty award for eye creams went to StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles. It is said to target dark circles, puffiness, and crow’s feet with cell communicating ingredients, and it delivers clinically proven results over 8 weeks time.
StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles is actually a newly reformulated version of their original eye cream. The new formula includes:
- Myristyl Nicotinate is a version of niacinamide which forms a protective barrier to the skin. This keeps toxins and pollutants out while keeping moisture in. It also can reduce hyperpigmentation, irritation, and redness.
- Apple Extract and Resveratrol are both powerful antioxidants to protect skin from the environmental damage caused by free radicals.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a very effective hydrator.
- Caffeine stimulates circulation to reduce puffiness and dark circles.
- Ceramides attract and hold onto moisture in the outer layer of skin.
- Peptides help stimulate the production of collagen which helps skin become firmer and more resilient.
It is recommended that you apply a small amount of StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles to the skin under your eyes both morning and night. Clinical tests show that after 2 weeks, dark circles and puffiness are reduced. After 4 weeks, texture is improved. And after 8 weeks, fine lines and crow’s feet have faded.
StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles Pros and Cons
A quick comparison of the good and bad attributes of a product is a good way to help decide if it’s right for you.
Advantages of StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles
- It contains ingredients to combat dark circles and puffiness.
- It is an Allure Best of Beauty Award winner.
- It’s fragrance-free.
- It has a silky texture that works well under concealer.
Disadvantages of StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles
- Many StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles reviews reflect the fact that long-time customers prefer the original StriVectin eye cream.
- It is expensive.
- Some customers have experienced irritation.
Where to Buy
You’ll find StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles online and in some department stores. The 1 oz tube goes for about $59 through most retailers. The best way to save money on this product would be to find a site that offers free shipping, like the StriVectin website does.
StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles is an effective eye cream for lines and wrinkles as well as puffiness and dark circles. It’s got some good, solid ingredients, though we’ve seen some reviews question whether or not they are in high enough concentrations to actually work. Ultimately, there eye creams at lower price points that work just as well.
Read about our Top 3 Eye Treatments