SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES Overview
There’s nothing more disappointing than spending a bundle on a skincare product and seeing absolutely no results. We’ve all been there, though, haven’t we? Our logical minds figure that if it costs so much, there really must be something to it. Well unfortunately, that’s not always the case. But we’ve been looking into SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES, and we’re pretty sure that won’t be the case with this powerhouse product.
SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES (the ES stands for Extra Strength) is a silky, lotiony serum packed with some of the most powerful retinoids you can find without a prescription. The claims are that it diminishes the appearance of fine lines and even coarse wrinkles, it enhances skin’s tone and texture, it reduces age and sun spots, and increases skin’s firmness. Retinoids, when present in the right concentration, is effective, but can also cause redness and flaking skin. Judging from the reviews, SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES is effective.
Retinol is a derivative of Vitamin A, and it’s been shown bestow major benefits on aging and damaged skin. SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES has it in 3 different forms, totaling just over 1%, which is commonly accepted as very effective concentration. The 3 kinds are:
- 1% Retinol which helps smooth rough, dry skin through exfoliation.
- Retinyl Palmitate which is a lipid-soluble form of retinol to help keep skin soft and plump.
- Retinyl Acetate which helps rejuvenate skin by encouraging the generation of new skin cells.
With retinoid products, you always need some good emollients and skin soothing anti-irritants to counteract the potentially harsh effect of the retinol. SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES uses:
- Bisabolol which comes from the Chamomile plant and works as a soothing anti-inflammatory.
- Shea Butter which comes from the nut of the katite tree. It softens skin and protects it from dehydration other environmental attacks.
Antioxidants are also added to help protect skin from further environmental and aging damage.
You should use SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES only at night because sunlight breaks down the effective ingredients. It’s recommended that you start slowly, especially if you haven’t used retinol products in the past. Twice a week is a good place to start if you’re brand new. Then you can increase your usage as your skin acclimates to the process.
According to the SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES reviews we read, you will experience redness and flaking. You may even get a breakout or two initially. But those who’ve stuck it out are almost universally glad they did.
SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES Pros and Cons
The Good About SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES
- It reduces wrinkles, lines, and poors.
- Almost all SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES reviews we saw were glowingly positive.
- It’s recommended by dermatologists.
- A little goes a long way.
- The opaque pump dispenser will keep the ingredients intact.
The Bad About SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES
- It’s expensive.
- You may experience redness and flaking at first, until you get used to it.
- You shouldn’t use SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES if you are pregnant or lactating.
Where to Buy
You can find SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES online through the SkinMedica website for $75. That’s a 1 oz pump dispenser. How long it will last will depend on how often you use it. You’ll be able to find it somewhat cheaper, at about $55, through third party internet retailers.
If you want an over-the-counter retinoid product that works, SkinMedica Age Defense Tri-Retinol Complex ES may be the one. It is expensive, and it takes a bit of time to acclimate your skin to its effects, but according to all our resources, it does what it says it does. It improves the look and feel of your skin, and makes you look younger.