After working in the cosmetic department of Estee Lauder at the Orlando Millennium Mall, and having a lot of tourists ask me if we carried ROC products (which we didn’t), I decided I would give it a try for myself.
I did my homework, read the reviews, and took the plunge. With the price point being so low on what was almost prescription strength, I was very excited.
The ROC skincare line is all about that magical ingredient called Retinol. If you don’t know, or haven’t used a Retinol product, then you should try it to see if your skin likes it. Retinol is a Vitamin A derivative that boosts collagen production, increases cell turnover, takes away skin discoloration, and fades scarring. In as little as 4 weeks, your skin is softer, brighter, and smoother.
One thing that I love about my ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream, is that it is a cream! Most retinol products will leave your skin feeling dry, and needing an additional product for moisture. This cream makes it easy as you won’t need a separate moisturizer.
ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream has gotten a lot of recognition. In the Allure Magazine beauty awards, they named it “editors choice.”
ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream Ingredients
- Retinol- Increases cellular turnover, fades dark spots and scarring, boosts collagen production, improves skins elasticity
- Magnesium- A form of Vitamin C; heals skin
- Zinc- Anti-inflammatory; helps to heal acne
- Shea butter- Moisturizes and nourishes skin
- Glycolic Acid- Increases cellular turnover
- Water- Hydration
- Citric Acid- Alpha Hydroxy Acid; exfoliates, evens skin tone, and improves the appearance of fine lines
- Glycerin- Helps to prevent drying or scaling
ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream Pros
- Smart packaging
- A little goes a long way
- Easy to find
- Treats acne
- Because it has a low percentage of Retinol, it can be used for sensitive skin
ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream Cons
- They test on animals
- There can sometimes be a light tingling sensation, but this usually goes away after time
- Mixed customer reviews on Amazon, some like it and say it improves wrinkles, some say it wreaked havoc on their skin
- Not for extremely sensitive skin
- Not for dry skin either as the Retinol can make dry skin even more flaky
- Makes your skin more sensitive to the sun (you should avoid the sun altogether if using any product with Retinol)
Where to Buy ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream
You can find ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream at your local drugstore. I found mine at CVS for $22.99. You can also find it on the ROC website. Amazon.com is offering a couple deals on the product, so you may be able to find it at a discount.
My Experience with ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream
I used the ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream for about a month and I learned that I don’t have a sensitivity to Retinol. I have combination skin and it didn’t make me dry or flaky, although this is not a prescription strength retinol product so I’m not trying to compare it to Retin-A which you can only get from a Doctor. It seemed to have enough moisture in the ingredients to balance out the retinol and the glycolic acid component, but what I noticed the most was the lack of results.
I didn’t really notice any improvement in the texture of my skin, the suppleness, and I didn’t have any improvement in my wrinkles. I’m 30 years old so I don’t have a lot of wrinkles, but I do have a few on my forehead and around my mouth and I was hoping it would help smoothen those out but bottom line, it didn’t seem to do anything. The ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream just seemed to work like a simple moisturizer and was nothing to write home about.
I’ve worked for a few popular skin care lines (Estee Lauder, Dior, Origins) and I know an effective product when I use one, and unfortunately this was not one of them.
My Recommendation & Conclusion
My recommendation is to read about our top recommended wrinkle cream Dermology Wrinkle Repair Complex. It contains Dr. Oz recommended ingredient, Argirilene, which helps to firm, tighten, and relax the muscles underneath the skin which cause wrinkles and it also includes powerful peptides to promote collagen production to plump up wrinkles.
Have You Used ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream? Leave Us Your Review Below!
I used this and it doesnt work.