Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream Overview
For a drugstore brand, Neutrogena comes through and delivers with an impressive number of products. Today we’re going to try to figure out if Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream is one of them. This product makes the usual promises. It diminishes lines and wrinkles. It firms up the skin. It calms, soothes, and reduces puffiness. And it minimizes dark circles. So far so good as far as the claims are concerned. As you know, I am of the opinion that if it doesn’t at least address dark circles and puffiness, it shouldn’t be called eye cream.
Most, though definitely not all of the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream reviews we’ve seen have been favorable reviews from satisfied customers. That’s really helpful to know, but we also need to know what goes into the formula in order to make an accurate assessment.
Neutrogena does a fairly good job of letting us know the ingredients and explaining a little bit about how they help improve your skin. In the case of Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream, there’s:
- Glycolic Acid which is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid that exfoliates skin. The dead oute layer is sloughed away which minimizes the look of lines and wrinkles.
- Melibiose is a patented derivative of sugar. It penetrates deep into the layers of skin to increase firmness. This helps minimize lines and puffiness, as well as helping to prevent future wrinkles.
- Vitamin A in the form of Retinyl Palmitate helps regenerate new, more healthy skin cells.
- Vitamin C works as an antioxidant. It also helps lighten skin which helps with the dark circles.
- Vitamin E is also an antioxidant that protects against the environmental damage caused by free radicals.
- Pro-Vitamin B5 helps build and maintain moisture levels.
- Mica adds a bit of shimmery pigment to reflect and diffuse light, making dark circles and lines both appear minimized.
You can use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream both morning and night as needed. The website says that it’s been clinically proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and increase the firmness of your skin, but they don’t cite any specific study.
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream Pros and Cons
Advantages of Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream
- It’s affordable.
- It contains a good mix of anti-aging ingredients.
- Most Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream reviews we’ve seen are favorable.
- It’s fragrance-free and hypoallergenic.
- Tube packaging maintains the integrity of the ingredients.
Disadvantages of Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream
- The pH may not be optimal for the glycolic acid to be effective.
- The minimization of dark circles due to the mica is only temporary.
- Some customers say it isn’t very hydrating.
Where to Buy
You can find Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream all over. It’s in stores like Target, CVS, and Walgreens. You can get it online too if that’s what you prefer. The ½ ounce tube retails for $11.99. We’ve seen it for a little more and a little less, so make sure you shop around.
When you consider the ingredients, the reviews, and the price, it seems like a pretty good bet that Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream will turn out to be a smart buy.