Kiehl’s Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate Overview
Good eye creams are all about correcting dark circles and puffiness. Of course you want something that works on lines and wrinkles too, but you can get that from most of your better face creams. A good eye cream provides solutions for specific eye problems. Kiehl’s Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate combines Vitamin C and Haloxyl in its attempt to do just that.
According to the tube it comes in, Kiehl’s Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate has been “clinically demonstrated to noticeably decrease the appearance of crow’s feet and sub-orbital wrinkles while it visibly brightens the eye area and minimizes dark circles.”
The Kiel’s website really only talks about two key ingredients:
- The first is 10.5 % Vitamin C in the form of L-Ascorbic Acid. This high concentration of pure Vitamin C is a great antioxidant that’s great at protecting the delicate skin around the eyes. It also encourages the growth of collagen so your skin is more firm, elastic, and plump (ie with fewer wrinkles). Another benefit of Vitamin C to the skin is that it inhibits the production of melanin, the pigment that causes dark spots and patches.
- The other main active ingredient is Haloxyl. This is the one that provides benefits specifically necessary to the eyes. It’s an anti-inflammatory, and it also dissipates the pooled blood in the skin under the eyes that causes dark circles.
A look at the full ingredient list shows that Kiehl’s Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate also contains a few peptides to further enhance collagen production.
Kiehl’s Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate Pros and Cons
Knowing both the good and bad points of a product can help you make a smart buying decision.
Advantages of Kiehl’s Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate
- Samples may be available.
- It contains highly concentrated Vitamin C.
- The tube packaging will help keep the Vitamin C stable.
Disadvantages of Kiehl’s Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate
- Many Kiehl’s Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate reviews mention stinging, burning, and irritation.
Where to Buy
Kiehl’s Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate is available at department stores. One of the best things about department store brands is that they allow you to try before you buy. You can use the tester at the counter, and in some cases you can even get a sample to try at home. It’s also available online at the Kiehl’s website, Amazon, and other retailers. A ½ oz tube costs about $40.
With all that Vitamin C, we would think that Kiehl’s Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate would be a great product. Unfortunately, with so many reviewers talking about both eye and skin irritation, it’s hard to recommend it. Our best advice would be to go to a Kiehl’s counter and try the tester or a sample. If you find it irritating, at least you haven’t spent any money on it. If not, you may have found yourself an effective eye cream.