Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener Review
Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener Overview
One of the hardest skincare issues to solve is the discoloration and dark spots you find on you face for any number of reasons. Maybe it’s old acne scars. Maybe freckles. It could also be from aging, sun damage, or even hormones. Whatever the reason, we all want our dark spots gone so we can have glowing, even skin again.
Iman is mainly a makeup line (named for the supermodel), but it dones have some skincare components that we’ve decided to take a look at. One of them is Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener to address those dark and uneven tones. The claim is that this is a gently Hydroquinone-Free product, that evens your skin tone over time. So if it’s not hydroquinone, we’d like to know what it is.
Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener Ingredients and How They Work
One odd thing about Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener is that nowhere in the marketing does it say what ingredient or ingredients are actually doing the lightening. So we took a close look at the complete list to see what we could find.
The only lightening ingredient we found was a form of Vitamin C called Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate. This will have a slight lightening effect over time, as well as some other benefits like skin cell generation and antioxidant protection. But on its own, it can’t do much in terms of skin lightening or tone evening.
There are plenty of other good ingredients, but while they serve a purpose, none of them will do much of anything toward giving you an even skin tone:
- Glycerin and Squalene are great hydrators for all skin types.
- Retinyl Palmitate encourages skin cell regeneration. This is good for skin and may have a bit of an effect on tone as old skin falls away replaced by new skin, but not much.
- Vitamin E and botanical extracts for plenty of antioxidant protection against free radical damage and further discoloration.
You should use Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener each morning and night. They say that the effect is gradual, which is true of all skin lightening, but they don’t give a specific time frame within which you can expect to see results.
Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener Pros and Cons
Advantages of Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener
- It’s affordable.
- It does not contain Hydroquinone, which while effective, may come with side effects and has been shown to have a connection with cancer in rats.
- Judging from some of the Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener reviews we’ve seen, it’s got a loyal following.
- It’s loaded with antioxidants.
- The pump packaging will keep the antioxidant ingredients stable.
Disadvantages of Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener
- There’s really nothing to make us think that it will do much lightening or evening of your skin tone.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener in store or online. The 1.7 ounce pump dispenser retails for $16, but prices vary so look around.
On the one hand, I wouldn’t recommend this for lightening your skin or necessarily evening your skin tone. On the other hand, Iman Time Control Skin Tone Evener is a great antioxidant moisturizer for normal to dry skin at a reasonable price.