Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15 Overview
Recently, Hydroxatone settled a class action lawsuit brought on by customers who’d been burned by a free trial/auto-shipment program. Apparently, many customers tried to return products and cancel future orders, but it was made difficult or impossible by Hydroxatone’s service department. Looking at the website now, there is a statement by the CEO to the effect that they care about you and want to provide excellent service, but the “risk free trial” offers attached to the automatic recurring billing are still going strong.
In fact, the product we’re looking at today is one of the risk-free trial products offered. It’s Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15, and reading through the description provided, it looks like great stuff.
Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15 can do it all:
- Erase fine lines around eyes and deep wrinkles on the forehead.
- Even out skin tone and reduce discoloration and dark spots.
- Hydrate even the driest skin.
- Protect against sun damage.
Next, of course, we want to now what goes into the Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15 formula.
Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15 Ingredients and How They Work
There are 3 key active ingredients in focus in the Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15 formula, and their effects are described on the product page:
- Matrixyl 3000 which is a peptide that helps skin rebuild skin’s support structure components such as collagen, hyaluronic acid, and fibronectin.
- Argiriline which is a unique peptide that relaxes the facial muscles on contact, acting as sort of a Botox alternative.
- Hyaluronic Acid which deeply hydrates skin be attracting and binding to water molecules. In addition to hydrating, it also plumps out your skin to make wrinkles and lines disappear.
There’s also SPF 15, several antioxidants, and some very emollient moisturizers as well.
Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15 Pros and Cons
Advantages of Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15
- It contains a wide range of anti-aging ingredients, including peptides, hydrators, and antioxidants.
- There is a money back guarantee.
Disadvantages of Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15
- There are lots of Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15 reviews on the internet, and most of them are not particularly favorable. Many are regarding customer service issues, but lots are also just about being disappointed that it didn’t deliver on its promises.
- The class action settlement doesn’t bode well for the company’s commitment to its customers.
- They still offer “risk-free” trials even after settling the lawsuit, and the terms are still only laid out in the fine print.
- The jar packaging will not keep the antioxidant ingredients stable, so after a short time, it will be little more than a moisturizer.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15 through the Hydroxatone website. It’s available by the jar or through the trial offer. One jar sells for $69.95. You can also get it through several other online sources. Amazon has it for $29.
I’m inclined to advise you to just stay away from products offered by this company. The whole risk-free trial marketing method has burned a lot of customers. It got so bad for Hydroxatone that they got sued. Even then, they weren’t willing to give up this cash cow. That says a lot about the company that makes Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex SPF 15, and none of it is good.