Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Day Cream Overview
Interestingly, Dr. Hauschka’s line of products does not include night creams. Their belief is that your skin needs to breathe at night, and should remain free of product in order to do so. They also say that applying too much moisture to your skin will inhibit its own hydration process. (I don’t happen to agree. Dry skin is dry in part because it doesn’t produce enough of its own moisture in the first place. But anyhow, back to the review.) So this means that day creams really have their work cut out for them, especially if you’ve got dry skin.
Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Day Cream says it’s for mature skin and that it’s up to the multiple tasks of:
- Smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Refining skin’s appearance.
- Increasing skin’s elasticity.
- Improving skin tone.
- Soothing red and irritated skin.
Our next task is to take a look at the formula to see if these promises are likely to be kept.
This is a smooth and creamy formula, but not heavy or greasy. It starts with plant oils, such as Raspberry Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, and Shea Butter for rich, hydrating emollience to reduce wrinkles and fine lines while leaving you with visibly smoother skin. The regenerating functions are provided by:
- Bryophyllum for relieving tension.
- Red Clover because it’s rich in isoflavones
- Horsetail for its silica.
- Acerola Fruit which is loaded with vitamins, including antioxidant vitamins.
- Rose to support skin’s connective structure.
You should apply Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Day Cream to your skin after cleansing and toning in the morning. Again, Dr. Hauschka believes that you should allow your skin to breathe at night, and shouldn’t be applying product during that time.
Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Day Cream Pros and Cons
Advantages of Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Day Cream
- It’s light yet hydrating.
- Most of the ingredients are natural.
- There are lots of reviews from happy Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Day Cream customers.
Disadvantages of Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Day Cream
- It’s expensive.
- It should contain more antioxidants.
- Plenty of Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Day Cream reviewers complain that it smells pretty awful.
- It’s expensive.
Where To Buy
If you’re planning on purchasing Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Day Cream, you can do so online at the Dr. Hauschka website or one of several other retailers. The 1.35 ounce tube retails for $79.95.
Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Day Cream is a nice, lightweight, hydrating cream, but it is unclear whether or not it does anything that would justify the high price. In the end, we don’t see how Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Day Cream is better than most good, solid, drugstore moisturizers.