Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm Overview
As the name would suggest, Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm is primarily a vitamin-based antioxidant cream that adds to the firmness and elasticity of your skin. What the name doesn’t suggest is that it’s an eye cream, which it is, though there don’t seem to be any ingredients it contains or functions it performs that would made it specifically beneficial to the eye area.
What Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm does claim to do is:
- Increase skin’s firmness and elasticity.
- Keep skin hydrated while minimizing fine lines caused by dryness.
- Protect skin from damaging free radicals and environmental stressors.
There are plenty of favorable Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm reviews out there from well satisfied customers. Some of the more comments are that it provides a great base under makeup by plumping up and filling out wrinkles, and that it works great to make those vertical lines on and above your lips disappear.
This formula is rooted in vitamins to achieve fresher, younger-looking skin:
- Vitamin A (retinol) encourages skin cell regeneration. Fresh, young skin replaces old outer dull layers.
- Vitamin E nourishes skin while it attacks free radicals that would otherwise damage your skin.
- Vitamin C heals and protects against free radicals. It also lightens skin pigmentation for a brighter, more radiant look.
- Additional antioxidants like Green Tea Extract are added for good measure. You can never have too much antioxidant protections.
- Seaweed Extract helps firm the skin to minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
- Silicones give this serum its silky feel and makes it great as a smooth base for concealer and makeup.
Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm is part of the AGE Smart line of Dermalogica products. It’s meant for young-ish skin with a goal of providing protection in an attempt to slow the visible signs of aging.
Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm Pros and Cons
Advantages of Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm
- It contains several antioxidants.
- Most of the Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm reviews we found were favorable.
- You should be able to try a sample at a local Ulta store.
- A little goes a long way.
- The opaque tube packaging will maintain the integrity of the antioxidant ingredients.
Disadvantages of Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm
- It is expensive.
- Some reviewers, especially those with deeper lines and wrinkles, found that it did not help their skin.
- Some reviewers found it to be irritating to skin and eyes.
Where to Buy
There are lots of online options for buying Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm. You’ll also find it at ULTA stores locally. The ½ ounce tube retails for $54. Amazon is currently selling it for less.
We’d like to recommend Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm, but we’re not completely convinced. The fact that several customers have experienced irritation is a little concerning. On the other hand, we could all benefit from more antioxidants in our skincare, and the tube packaging will make sure that their effectiveness lasts as long as the product does. Your best bet is probably to head to your local ULTA store and try a sample or tester. If no irritation occurs, and Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm is in your price range, we think you might like it.