Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Overview
Everyone needs a go-to moisturizer – the one they return to over and over even after branching out and trying other things. Clinique is that kind of brand. And they’ve got the loyal customers to prove it. Their Dramatically Different line is a perfect example of this kind of product that people just return to over the years. But they have a newer contender as well. It’s called Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, and the customer reviews are pretty good, so we decided to take a look.
The promise of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is that it provides an immediate hydration boost that feels like a tall drink of water for your skin, and that it lasts all day, even in winter and when you’re outdoors. And for an oil-free gel-cream moisturizer, that’s an impressive feat. Judging by the dozens of reviews we’ve seen, people seem to like it quite a bit, so our next step is to analyze the formula and see if, how, and why Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief works.
This water-based gel-ish formula uses Glycerin as its primary hydration source. This is good because glycerin is a skin-identical form of moisture which means that it’s going to be effective without causing irritation. There are also a few silicones included to provide a smooth silkiness.
The additional anti-aging ingredients include:
- Sodium Hyaluronate which plumps out wrinkles and fine lines.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water to soothe and soften skin.
- Peptides to encourage skin’s own natural collagen production process.
- Vitamin E and other Antioxidants to protect skin against hazards caused by the environment.
Instructions for use include a few different options. You should use it daily to keep skin well hydrated and healthy looking. You can also use it as a moisture boost during the day. (Over your makeup is fine). And they even recommend that you use it as a 5 minute moisture mask by applying a generous amount and blotting off the excess.
Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Pros and Cons
Accepting the fact that there are good and bad aspects to everything helps you to look at each side logically and come to the best purchasing decision possible.
Advantages of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
- It uses good, skin-identical, hypoallergenic hydrating ingredients.
- There are several antioxidants in the formula.
- Most of the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief reviews we found were very positive, with many users claiming that this is their favorite moisturizer.
- You can pick it up, try a tester, and maybe even receive a sample at department stores.
Disadvantages of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
- The jar packaging will not maintain the stability of the antioxidant ingredients for long.
- It’s pretty expensive.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief wherever you buy Clinique products. This includes several department stores as well as online. The 1.7 ounce pot sells for $37 through most of the outlets we’ve seen.
For normal or near normal skin types, Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is a good daily moisturizer that’s light and won’t clog pores. Unfortunately, the added antioxidants won’t last long in the jar packaging. So if it’s Clinique style moisture you want, Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is a good choice, as long as you’re not counting on the antioxidant protection as well.