Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Moisturizing Cream Overview
Chanel products of all kinds, from handbags to perfume, always carry with them a certain prestige. It’s the mark of a sophisticated, well-heeled woman. You may not, however, be aware that they offer skincare products as well, but they do. As you might imagine, they’re pricey, but if they deliver, I happen to know there are plenty of women who’ll gladly pay the price. Our job is determine whether or not they deliver.
Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Moisturizing Cream is the final step in the Chanel Le Blanc daily brightening skincare ritual. According to the advertising, it “marries the power of Eastern philosophy with Western science” and that it delivers a lightening of dark spots, an evening of tone, and soft, smooth, radiant, well-hydrated skin. The first thing we’ll do is take a look at the formula for clues as to how Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Moisturizing Cream works.
The featured ingredient in the Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Moisturizing Cream formula is TXC, a proprietary compound that’s been recognized by the Japanese government as what they call a “quasi-drug.” This means it’s recognized as an active ingredient with some potential benefit to skin. In this case, the potential benefit is lightening. The second ingredient in order of importance is the Pearl Protein Extract with brightens and maintains superior hydration.
Additional ingredients to note are:
- Glycerin to provide skin-identical hydration.
- Vitamin C to lighten and brighten skin while it provides antioxidant protection and stimulates new skin cell generation.
- Licorice Extract to provide further lightening of dark spots.
- Sodium Hyaluronate to plump out fine lines and wrinkles.
Provided with the packaging are instructions for applying Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Moisturizing Cream using a special “pearl massage” method. It’s supposed to add to the brightening effect, though I’m not sure how.
Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Moisturizing Cream Pros and Cons
Advantages of Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Moisturizing Cream
- It contains a good mix of ingredients known to help brighten skin.
- It’s often possible to obtain a free sample.
Disadvantages of Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Moisturizing Cream
- It’s expensive.
- The jar packaging will not protect the integrity of many of the ingredients, and they will lose their ability to work not long after opening the jar.
- There are very few Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Moisturizing Cream reviews from customers who’ve used it, and the ones that do exist are quite mixed.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Moisturizing Cream online or in department stores. The 1.7 ounce jar retails for $130.
Correcting dark spots and leaving you with lightened and brightened skin is tricky and definitely not an exact science. Though there are lots of products that try, very few get it right. Of the reviews we seen, most say that Chanel Le Blanc Brightening Moisturizing Cream doesn’t. For that reason, I wouldn’t recommend spending $130 to try.