Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum Overview
For the ultimate in moisture and protection from the effects of aging, Chanel introduces Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum. By combining intense hydration with superior antioxidant protection, this anti-aging serum leaves your skin beautifully plump, smooth and radiant.
In a clinical study conducted by a dermatologist, the following results were achieved after 4 weeks:
- 81% increase in hydration
- 86% increase in skin’s protection
- 79% improvement in evenness of skin tone
- 90% increase in luminosity
- 97% increase in softness
We checked into some of the Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum reviews written by actual customers, and they tend to agree with the clinical testing, so we took a look at the ingredients to see if they support what everyone is saying.
The Chanel website talks a bit about the primary ingredients in the Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum formula:
- Camellia Alba PFA, extracted from the Camellia flower, is the signature ingredient. It serves the dual purposes of hydration and antioxidant protection.
- Blue Ginger PFA reinforces the skin’s defense system.
- Hyaluronic Acid hydrated and plumps skin for an immediate return to radiance.
We should mention here that PFA stands for PolyFracturing of Active ingredients. It’s a process, developed by Chanel, that ensures the purity of the ingredients so they can permeate the skin to get to where they are most needed.
Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum Pros and Cons
Making a comparison of what’s good and what’s bad about a given product is a great way to be lead to the right determination about whether or not to buy.
Advantages of Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum
- Most Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum reviews are very positive.
- It has a light, fruity scent.
- It plumps out wrinkles instantly.
Disadvantages of Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum
- It contains a lot of alcohol which can be drying and damaging.
- It’s expensive.
- The fragrance can be irritating to sensitive skin.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum through higher end department stores, like Neiman Marcus, or through several online retailers. It comes in two sizes. The 30 ml size sells for just under $100, while the 50 ml size costs $135.
Chanel is certainly known more for its fashion and fragrance lines than for its skincare. But it turns out their anti-aging lines have quite a following. When comparing the price with the ingredients, Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum doesn’t seem to be much of a value. Our best recommendation is that you try it at the department store counter, or see if you can find a sample. That way, you’ll know whether or not it’s worth it before you spend money on it.