Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream Overview
Boots is the number one affordable brand of makeup and skincare in the UK. And while not nearly as popular here in the US, its Boots No7 line is fast becoming a favorite when it comes to affordable, effective skincare.
Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream is the particular product that we’re looking at in this review. This rich and luxurious cream absorbs quickly and completely, and you wake up with soft, supple, energized skin. The anti-aging components of Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream smooth, firm, tone, and lift you skin while you sleep, and according to the Boots No7 website, it works even better if you use it in conjunction with the Lift & Luminate Day Cream with SPF.
We like what Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream claims to do, so we took a closer look at the ingredients to help determine the likelihood of success. Unfortunately, we didn’t find much in the way of powerhouse anti-aging components.
Here’s what we did find:
- Shea Butter to make this formula rich, nourishing, and hydrating.
- Glycerin to help create a moisture barrier.
- Silicones to give skin temporary soft, smooth feel.
- Citric Acid for AHA exfoliation.
- Peptides to stimulate collagen production for firmer, plumper, more elastic skin.
You are instructed to apply after cleansing each night in small upward circles to your face and neck.
Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream Pros and Cons
A comparison of what’s good and what’s bad about a given product is a smart way to figure out whether making a purchase is ultimately a wise decision.
Advantages of Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream
- It’s affordable.
- It’s readily available.
- Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream reviews from customers are generally positive.
Disadvantages of Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream
- There are some ingredients that could be potentially irritating to sensitive skin.
- Lots of Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream reviewers claim that it moisturizes well, but doesn’t really have much of an anti-aging effect.
- There are no antioxidants in the formula.
Where to Buy
You can find Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream at Target or Ulta if you want to buy it from a local store. Alternatively, it is available online through several retailers as well. The 1.6 oz jar will run you about $20 give or take depending on where you go.
Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream is a fine nighttime moisturizer, but we fail to see any reason to choose it if your goal is actually “lifting” or “luminating” your skin. It certainly seems they chose an odd name because there’s virtually nothing in Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream that will have either effect.