Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream Overview
Ahh, the perpetual search for the perfect eye cream. We’ve all been there. Most of us are still there. So we soldier on, researching and trying product after product, until maybe just maybe we someday find what we’re looking for. When I first came across Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream, I thought this may be it. But once I looked a little bit closer, I wasn’t so sure. Read on and I’ll explain.
Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream claims to be able to solve every problem for the skin around your eyes, even for people with lots of problems for the skin around their eyes. It relieves dryness, targets both fine lines and wrinkles, reduces puffiness, diminishes dark circles, and even visibly revives eyes. And if you only read a certain few Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream reviews from customers, you’ll believe that it really can do all that. There are plenty of reviews entitled “Best Eye Cream Ever!” and they’re easy to find. But if you look past those sparkly reviews, you ‘ll find tons that are much more critical. It definitely becomes clear that Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream is NOT a slam dunk. But it appears to work well for some customers, so let’s see what exactly is in this stuff.
The product marketing is pretty vague about what’s in the Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream formula. They talk about Peptides, Natural Plant Oils, and Humectants, but that’s as specific as they choose to get. I looked a little closer and found:
- Glycerine, Silicones, and Linoleic Acid for silky smooth hydration.
- Olive Oil, Lanolin Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, and Grape Seed Oil to provide antioxidant protection as well as soothing nourishment and hydration.
- Sodium Hyaluronate for plumping out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Botanical antioxidants like Green Tea and Apple Fruit Extract.
- Caffeine for stimulating circulation.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 for increasing collagen production and relaxing facial muscles to reduce the look of expression lines.
You are instructed to warm a bit between your fingers and apply both morning and night to the skin under and around your eyes by patting it on. You can apply makeup after Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream absorbs.
Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream Pros and Cons
Advantages of Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream
- It’s got some good, healthy skin ingredients.
- It’s rich and emollient, and very hydrating.
- There are lots of favorable Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream reviews citing how moisturizing it is for dry, fragile skin.
Disadvantages of Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream
- It’s expensive.
- The jar packaging will make sure the botanical ingredients lose their effectiveness quickly.
- Lots of reviewers say it leaves an oily film that doesn’t work under makeup.
- Many customers think it’s great at hydration (for nighttime), but does little else.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream in stores like Nordstrom and Sephora. It’s also available through several online sources. The ½ ounce jar retails for $70.
$70 is a lot to spend on a cream that’s good at moisturizing but not much else. Perhaps if it came in a tube or pump, it’d be worth it, but even then I’d say only for those with dry and very dry skin. My best recommendation is not to buy this without first using a sample or at the very least a counter tester. That way you’ll know how well it works for you in particular before shelling out the cash.