Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum Review – Does It Work?
Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum Overview
Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum is Step 2 (right after cleansing) in the Aveda Green Science anti-aging skincare line. The line boasts Argan Oil as its flagship ingredient, and that’s a good thing as Argan Oil is one of the hottest skin care ingredients of the moment. It comes from a tree in Morocco, and it’s full of fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin e.
The benefits of Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum are supposed to be increased moisturization and a more smooth, firm, and lifted appearance. Judging from the customer reviews we’ve seen, many women are pleased with the actual effects.
Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum Ingredients and How They Work
As we stated earlier, the signature ingredient in Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum is Argan Oil, from the nut of the fruit of the Argan tree. Used for centuries in cooking and native medicines, Argan Oil contains the essential fatty acid, linoleic acid, which helps retain moisture and reduce inflammation. It also contains Vitamin E which nourishes and protects skin against free radical damage. But Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum doesn’t stop there. Other beneficial ingredients include:
- Natural Plant Antioxidants to protect against environmental damage.
- Bio-Fermented Glucosamine and Salicylic Acid to exfoliate and encourage skin cell rejuvenation.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide to stimulate collagen production for firmer, more lifted skin. It also acts as a facial muscle relaxant to reduce expression lines in the immediate term and by extension in the long term.
- Sodium Hyaluronate to hydrate skin and plump out lines.
It is recommended that you use Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum as part of the Green Science system morning and night for best anti-aging results.
Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum Pros and Cons
Advantages of Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum
- It’s made using windpower and packaged with recycled materials.
- It’s got a pleasant scent.
- Most Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum reviews are from happy customers saying that it smooths out fine lines.
Disadvantages of Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum
- It’s not cheap, especially if you invest in more than just one product in the line.
- Some of the ingredients could be irritating to skin (such as the fragrance).
- There have been some complaints about the pump failing before all the serum has been used.
Where to Buy
You can buy Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum at salons and department stores (Nordstrom for example) that sell Aveda products. This way, you’ll have a chance to try the tester before you buy. Otherwise, you can buy it online from Amazon or the Aveda website. The 1 oz pump sells for $53.
$53 is a lot for one product, especially when even the product advertising is telling you that you should use it in conjunction with a bunch of other products. Then if you consider that lots of women have been frustrated by how quickly it gets used up, those dollar signs just keep multiplying. It seems like Aveda Green Science Lifting Serum is on to something, but needs to work on the packaging a little. After that happens, we’ll feel more comfortable recommending it.