Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm Overview
Word is that if Bobbi Brown herself could choose only one skincare product to use, it would be this one, the Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm. The reason is that this rich, extra-moisturizing balm does double duty with anti-aging compounds that you might not necessarily expect to find in a vaseline-type balm product.
Many of the Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm reviews from customers are very favorable, saying that it leaves dry skin smooth, soft, and supple. Clinical research shows that after 8 weeks of use, participants found:
- A 46% increase in moisture
- A 69% improvement in the strength of the skin’s moisture barrier
- A 52% increase in the lifting of the skin.
This rich, petroleum jelly based balm contains a number of soothing and anti-aging ingredients:
- Argiriline Peptide helps encourage collagen production while it relaxes facial muscles to minimize expression lines. This is one of the main ingredients you’ll find in the cosmetic alternatives to Botox injections.
- Clary Sage Ferment helps improve the skin’s moisture barrier so more moisture is held in, giving your skin a smooth, supple look.
- Lipids, like Linoleic Acid, Wheat Bran, and Cholesterol boost hydration in your skin, further protecting it from the ravages of aging.
- Sodium Hyaluronate plumps out fine lines and wrinkles in addition to providing hydration.
- Plant-Based Antioxidants to protect skin against free radical damage caused by environmental exposure.
As a balm, you’ll want to warm it between your hands before applying it to your face and neck each morning and/or night.
Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm Pros and Cons
Advantages of Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm
- Most of the Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm reviews we’ve seen are very favorable.
- It’s very hydrating for dry skin.
- It doesn’t irritate sensitive skin.
Disadvantages of Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm
- It’s very expensive.
- The jar packaging won’t keep the plant-based ingredients stable or effective for long after the package is opened.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm at Sephora, some department stores, or online. The 1.7 ounce jar retails for $93.
While there are plenty of positive reviews for Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm, and people seem to really like it, I find it hard to justify the high price. This is especially true considering the fact that once you open it, it pretty much becomes a jar of petroleum jelly because of the exposure to light and air. And $93 is way more than I would recommend spending on a jar of Vaseline.