Bioelements Eye Area Overview
It is so important to take good care of the skin around your eyes. It’s extremely thin, and that makes it the most fragile skin our your face, where the first lines and wrinkles are likely to appear. And given its placement (surrounding your eyes), it’s likely to be the first thing people notice when they see you. So the moral is hydrate the skin around your eyes early and often, and address those lines and wrinkles as soon as they start to show up.
Bioelements Eye Area is an eye cream from Bioelements that focuses on the wrinkle fighting power of exfoliation, specifically alpha hydroxy acids. It promises to slough away dead outer layers of skin to reveal the smooth new skin underneath. It smooths skin’s texture, targets dark circles, and mimimizes the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Bioelements Eye Area is recommended for use only at night, however, because AHA’s are notorious for making your skin more photosensitive. And even when you do only use it at night, you’ll have to make sure to use sunscreen during the day because the photosensitivity lasts for days after use.
The most important thing to know about any skin care product is what’s in it. As for Bioelements Eye Area, there’s:
- AlphaBlend which is the proprietary exfoliating blend that uses Lactic Acid, Sugar Maple Extract and Citrus Extracts to provide the sloughing off of dead skin cells and regeneration of new ones.
- Dimethicone which is a type of silicone that provides hydration and smoothness.
- Green Tea Extract and Fruit Extracts for their antioxidant properties.
- Allantoin helps promote cell replication so skin heals better and remains protected.
According to many Bioelements Eye Area reviews we’ve seen, a little goes a long way, and one 1 ounce bottle can last half a year or more when using nightly. The official time frame marketed by Bioelements is 2 ½ months, but we’ve seen lots of customer comments noting that it lasts far longer than that.
Bioelements Eye Area Pros and Cons
Advantages of Bioelements Eye Area
- It exfoliates.
- It increases skin cell turnover smoother, softer skin.
- A little goes a long way.
- There are plenty of favorable Bioelements Eye Area reviews from customers.
Disadvantages of Bioelements Eye Area
- It’s on the expensive side (though when you factor in how long it lasts, it really isn’t bad).
- The pH is not divulged, so the effectiveness of the alpha hydroxy acids is in question.
- The clear bottle means you’ll have to store it in a dark place in order to preserve the integrity of the ingredients.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Bioelements Eye Area online through the Bioelements website or a number of other resellers. The retail price is $37 for the 1 ounce pump dispenser bottle. That seems to be about what you’ll pay wherever you look. There is also a spa locator on the Bioelements website, so you can see if there’s a local retailer in your area.
I’m somewhat on the fence about Bioelements Eye Area. Most people seem to like it, but some have found it to be irritating. If you’re a fan of Bioelements products, you may decide adding this one to your regimen is a great idea. Otherwise, I don’t see any real reason to go out of your way to use Bioelements Eye Area.