Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream Review
Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream Overview
Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream says it’s for normal to dry skin, but even its biggest supporters will tell you it’s much more suited to very dry skin. And there are plenty of those supporters, which is what prompted us to take a look. I’ve always liked Benefit’s cute names and product descriptions, so it was with great anticipation that I began my research.
Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream promises that you can “say good-bye to dry skin and hello to total moisture!” It’s concentrated to provide total immediate hydration that lasts all day long. With this concentrated hydration, you’ll also be left with a glowing, radiant complexion. Sounds simple, but good. So what’s in this stuff?
Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream Ingredients and How They Work
The one ingredient the talk about is the “Tri-Radiance Complex,” but much to our dismay, they don’t tell us what it is, only that it helps develop your skin’s water reserves and helps reinforce the moisture barrier. Since this Tri-Radiance Complex is proprietary, we took a look at the actual ingredient list to see what we good figure out. For the life of me, I couldn’t conclusively decide which ingredients make up the complex, but here are the key components of the entire formula:
- Glycerin to provide skin-identical hydration. This is good because it’s real moisture and it doesn’t clog pores or cause skin to react.
- Palmitic and Stearic Acids which act as emollients.
- Squalene which comes from olive oil and provides moisture.
- Mango Seed Butter for rich emollience and hydration.
- Vitamin E for antioxidant protection.
There really isn’t much there except for the hydration. Instructions are to apply generously morning and/or night to face and neck.
Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream Pros and Cons
Advantages of Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream
- It’s very hydrating.
- The overwhelming majority of Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream reviews I’ve seen have been favorable. The most frequent comments are that it makes your skin so soft and it smell great.
Disadvantages of Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream
- The formula is pretty boring.
- It’s kind of pricey for what it is (simply a moisturizer).
- The jar packaging is unsanitary because you have to stick your fingers into it over and over.
Where to Buy
Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream is available at Sephora of course (Sephora owns Benefit). You can also find it at Ulta and online. The 1.7 ounce jar retails for $40.
I wanted to like Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream, and it seems as though most of the ladies do. But I just don’t get it. It doesn’t seem like there’s anything in the formulation to get excited about. I guess I’ll leave it up to you guys to convince me.
I have this product, but I have oily skin, the girl sell it to me, as a moisturizer and anti ageing, but I am not sure if I should use it, because I feel my skin very oily, what do you think?
Hi Andrea, you’re right, Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream is definitely NOT best suited for oily skin. It is actually best for really dry skin. Can you return it? It has derivatives from olive oil and mango seed butter which are both very heavy on the skin. If you can return it, I would recommend Dermology for you, which is one of my top products and would be well suited for skin on the more oily side. Let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your question.