Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum Overview
The primary goal of Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum is to lighten dark spots, leaving you with a smooth, even skin tone. But this little powerhouse of a serum can do more than that. It’s loaded with hydration and anti-aging ingredients that will leave your skin looking light, bright, and younger.
Algenist is a skin care line with an interesting back story. It started as a biotechnology company trying to use algae as a renewable energy source. While researching their resource, they discovered its anti-aging properties and created Alguronic Acid. After some testing, it was determined that Alguronic Acid reduced melanin production, increased cellular regeneration, and encouraged elastin and collagen production. So they shifted focus and created a entire skin care company based on this compound.
Of course, the Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum formula starts with Alguronic Acid. Some in-house testing of 100 women found that:
After 10 days:
- 91% of participants saw rejuvenated skin.
- 97% of subjects saw softer smoother skin.
And in 4 weeks:
- 92% of participants saw boosted radiance.
- 90% of participants noted younger looking skin.
The other actives in the formula are mainly aimed at lightening and brightening skin:
- Vitamin C acts as a great antioxidant, and it also inhibits the production of melanin in the skin, causing it to become lighter over time.
- Oligopeptide reduces skin pigmentation
- Bear Berry and Licorice Extracts are also antioxidants that contribute to a decrease in melanin production.
- Salicylic Acid exfoliates skin to allow for new, lighter skin to come through.
You should apply Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum twice a day after cleansing. If you have normal to oily skin, it should be all you need. If your skin tends to be dry, you’ll want to add a moisturizer on top.
Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum Pros and Cons
Advantages of Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum
- It contains several skin lightening ingredients.
- It contains several anti-aging ingredients.
- The active ingredient has undergone consumer testing.
- The pump packaging will keep the active ingredients intact.
- Most Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum reviews are pretty positive.
Disadvantages of Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum
- It’s pretty expensive.
Where to Buy
The Algenist brand is partnered with Sephora so all of their products are available there. This is good because you can go there and try it if you’re on the fence. QVC also sells the brand. You can find it online if you prefer to go that way. The 1 ounce pump retails for $79.
Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum has got potential. It’s certainly expensive, but there are a couple of mitigating factors to consider. One is that a little goes a long way, so the 1 oz pump could last a few months. The other is that you should be able to try before you buy at Sephora, or get a free sample with purchase from there or from QVC. We do think that there’s a good possibility that if you try it, you’ll find you like Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum.